You may have noticed the explosion of craft breweries opening in the Dallas, Ft. Worth metroplex over the last couple of years. It seems like every time you turn around, a new craft brewery is opening up! Consider these facts:
- *In November (2014), the United States passed the mark of 3,200 brewers in the country and the number of brewery licenses reached the highest ever, topping 4,500 in the first sixth months of the year. Thirteen states (CA, CO, WA, OR, MI, NY, PA, TX, FL, WI, IL, NC, OH) now have more than 100 breweries each.
- *Breweries are opening at a rate of 1.5 per day.
- *Through June of 2014, craft brewers enjoyed 18 percent growth by volume. Numerous data channels are showing continuing double-digit growth for craft in the second half of the year.
- *According to retail scan data, IPA is up 47 percent by volume and 49 percent by dollar sales, accounting for 21 percent volume share of craft and 23 percent dollar share of off-premise beer sales. Additionally, the style was the number one entered category at the Great American Beer Festival®.
- *Retail data also indicates that variety packs are up 21 percent by volume and 24 percent by dollar sales, equating to nine percent volume share of craft and seven percent dollar share.
- *Data indicates that 38 percent of households bought a craft beer in the last year versus 29 percent in 2010. Additionally, women consume almost 32 percent of craft beer volume, almost half of which comes from women ages 21-34. Hispanic populations are demonstrating increased craft engagement as well.
So what does all this data mean? It means more people are drinking craft beer than ever before! This is good news for us craft beer lovers out there.
We here at www.dfwcraftbeer.com are dedicated to providing you with the latest information about the craft beer scene in the Dallas, Ft. Worth metroplex. Please check out some of the guides below to help get you started in craft beer in DFW and gain a richer knowledge: